Voters have every right to be sceptical about the hope and inspiration their political leaders sell them at election time.
The goals of our plan are:
- To make New Zealand a world leader in the global fight against climate change.
- To restore and replenish our forests, our birds and our rivers.
- To end poverty and create an inclusive Aotearoa.
Goals for a Green government
The Green Party in government will:
- Deliver on our election priorities — cleaning up our rivers, ending child poverty, and tackling climate change — while running sustainable operating surpluses over the economic cycle;
- Reduce debt to responsible levels, taking core Crown debt to below 20 percent of GDP by 2021;
- Raise a new tax on capital gains, excluding the family home.
- Use the current fiscal headroom to restore health and education funding and run a $600 million annual operating allowance;
- Restart payments to the New Zealand Superannuation Fund immediately.
Our Green Plan