- Rainbow communities are entitled to equal opportunities in law and in practice.
- Rainbow and heterosexual partnerships are equally entitled to respect and support.
- Parenting skills are distinct from sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Community development is crucial for the empowerment of rainbow communities.
- All people, no matter what their health or partnership status, have the right to adequate medical care and protection from discrimination within the health services.
- The interests and identity of rainbow students in schools and tertiary institutions need to be protected.
- Rainbow communities are entitled to fair and just treatment in their dealings with police, penal institutions, courts, and the military.
Read the full policy here