When all our energy comes from the sun, the wind, and the flow of rivers, we won’t need to burn the fossil fuels that cause the climate crisis.
Our Clean Energy Plan is the first part of our transformational proposal to end the use of fossil-fuels in Aotearoa. It allows us to go further and faster on climate action by supporting all of us to move to clean energy. It empowers communities, businesses and families to create truly sustainable communities which run on the energy nature provides.
Our Clean Energy Plan is a comprehensive plan to ditch fossil fuels once and for all. Here’s what it will include:
- We’ll upgrade all 63,000 social and community homes with solar panels and batteries
- We’ll introduce grants to halve the price of installing solar in privately-owned homes, and offer grants and low-interest loans for businesses to transition to renewable energy
- We’ll ban new industrial coal boilers and new fossil-fuel energy generation within the first 100 days in Government
- We’ll create a $250 million Clean Energy Fund which communities can draw from for local renewable energy projects
- We’ll establish a Clean Energy Industry Training Plan to support thousands of people into jobs
- We’ll simplify planning rules to make it easier to build wind turbines
- We’ll end coal use in Aotearoa by 2030.
You can find out more about this policy here.