A strong, green economy that works for everyone.
The Green Party will support everyone to live and thrive in a low-carbon economy.
We can reset our economy to cut climate pollution and meet the needs of everyone.
The Green Party has put in place the foundations for a low-carbon Aotearoa and have committed the Government to developing an Equitable Transition Plan. The low-carbon transition is both our greatest economic challenge and our greatest opportunity.
Our plan will cut climate pollution while creating new, secure, well-paid jobs and kick-starting sustainable industries that can support a prosperous and secure future for decades to come.
The time is now to build a low-carbon Aotearoa which celebrates innovation and ensures everyone has what they need to thrive.
- Continue to invest in regional development with a focus on sustainable building, regenerative agriculture and horticulture, improving low-carbon infrastructure, and iwi and hapū-led economic activity.
- Increase government investment in the Decarbonising Industry Fund and the Green Investment Fund to support low-carbon jobs, and the transition to low-emissions industry.
- Ensure funding and financing arrangements for reducing emissions are adequate to fund Nationally Determined Contribution obligations, direct emissions reductions, Emissions Reduction Plan actions, and adapting to the effects of climate change.
- Commit government departments to buying more goods and services from Aotearoa businesses, and ensure procurement processes encourage social enterprises to tender for government contracts.
- Encourage low-emissions industries with export potential, including through better support to commercialise innovations developed by Crown Research Institutes.
- Strengthen laws that protect against anti-competitive behaviour, and increase resourcing for the Commerce Commission.
- Improve digital connectivity to and within rural areas by continuing to expand the Rural Capacity Upgrade.