All Green members are invited to the Annual General Meeting of the Green Party in Aoraki.
The Aoraki Province covers the electorates from Rangitata in the South, Selwyn and Waimakariri and the Christchurch City Electorates of Banks Peninsula, Christchurch City, Christchurch East, Ilam, Wigram and part of Te Tai Tonga and Aoraki Young Greens.
Each year branches elect a person to be on the Aoraki Executive to be joined by some elected at the AGM, and others appointed by the Executive such as treasurers, admin support, secretary, membership secretary...
The AGM is a chance to hear about the past years activities, and elect members in the following positions
- Election of Convenor - link to job description
- Executive Networker (links the province to the national body)
- Policy Networker (links the province to the national policy group)
- A few minor changes to the Constitution - see them here
- Correction to number of reps on Policy Committee from two to one
- Removal of Waimakariri as a stand alone branch
- Change of Selwyn branch to Selwyn-Waimakariri Branch
- Change name of Port Hills Branch to Banks Peninsula
- Addition of how much notice for an AGM (2 weeks)
- Addition of remits being given notice of one week, unless there is a reason for urgency
- Agenda items being given notice of one week, unless there is a reason for urgency
The Agm will be from 6-7pm when we will break for light snacks and will be joined by one of our co-convenors James Shaw, and others are invited to join us.
7.30 - James Shaw: Climate: Are we doing enough?
Join us for this session with James and a chance to interact with him about the work he is doing as Climate Change minister.
invite your friends and family to this event - all welcome! Facebook event for James talk only