We operate under a transparent process to ensure the candidates you vote for uphold the values which are important to you.
It's important that voters and supporters know the values of their candidates. That's why we have a process to ensure voters and supporters have assurances of their candidates' values. Our local teams work hard to select and endorse candidates who will align with the Green Party of Aotearoa's values and each Green endorsed candidate commits to upholding the values they are campaigning on.
You can trust that your Green endorsed candidates are committed to:
- Upholding the Party’s Constitution
- Upholding the Party's Charter
- Honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- Upholding our Party policy except where the candidate has a conscientious objection to it (and they've made that known)
- Conducting themselves well as a candidate
- Not standing against other Green or endorsed candidates in their area unless their local team agrees
- Abiding by the law, especially the law relating to local government elections
We know how important it is that all voters can trust their chosen candidates.
You can see the full text of your candidates' contract with the Green Party of Aotearoa New Zealand here.
The candidate contract does not apply to those who are independent.